Saturday, February 13, 2010

La Storms! Is anyone reading this? There must be a better way!






So we had good rain here the last few days. I'm sure Rene got the leftovers in Scottsdale. We had like 2 inches in an hour last week, hail, some random funnel clouds (apparently, although I think it's just bogus reports of scared people that don't know what a thunderstorm is) and some good sights. At times LA looks a lot like Hawaii. I know it's a bold claim, but seriously, it's quite spectacular at times.

So first picks are the storm. Rainbows and what not. Next pics are of the snow on the mountains above our little part of LA. When I saw it in the morning the snow was down around 2500 feet. Eva took these pics later and the snow had already retreated to around 4000 feet . The mountains behind us are around 6500 feet. When we get it, it's amazing. Nothing like a clear LA day at 70 degrees with snow on the mountains. =)

The last pics are from our hike to the Griffith Observatory the next day. Great weather and the observatory is always a fun place to visit. Very hazy that day. Yes haze not smog. The rain makes it that way. We did a 2 hour hike in Griffith today and I can't believe I did not bring a camera. So much clearer today. I'll try again on this hike. The views were amazing. These pics are from near the Hollywood sign above the Greek Theatre and up to the Observatory. Apparently a conservation group is taking over the Hollywood sign, but all it said when we were up was SAVE The POOD. I guess the end result is supposed to be SAVE The PEAK. Some group bought some land behind it and is trying to make mansions out of it. Oh well.

Oh and FYI it was 68 on the last day and 78 when we went hiking today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment